Saturday, January 30, 2021

A New Theme

One more thing to note before I am actually done with today's writing: after an unknown number of years, I have decided to change the theme of my blogs again. I think that I am starting to dislike the skinniness that is the Candara font. Combine that with what is essentially a long roll of white for the main text, it was hard to separate out one entry from another. Additionally, the profile picture ``box'' was looking dated with the circular redo of my personal icon; these two combined meant that it was definitely a time to re-look into this.

With that, I looked for a [default] theme that kept much of the simplicity that I was looking for (no crazy background image that can get screwed up with a screen width that is ``too wide'') that would address the issues that I was facing. I could, in theory, create my own custom theme, but the purpose of using Blogger as the platform is so that I do not have to do things like that---the default themes with minor adjustments ought to be good enough.

With that we have this theme now. Here is a side-by-side comparison between the new theme and the old one:
That's really all I have for today. Till the next update.

No comments: