Sunday, January 17, 2021

Sabbatical Begins

What a week!

I have finally completed the last bunch of paperwork that is necessary for my out-processing, and now I am officially out of the company.

I wanted to say that I was also ``out of a job'', but it did not feel right because I still had things that I needed to do, with the only caveat that they did not pay in terms of money. So perhaps the best way of saying it is that I am also ``out of a paying job''.

Okay, now I am officially out of the company, and thus out of a paying job.

Do I fear the future? No, not really. God is with me, and I am learning to be with Him, to trust Him, to fear Him, and to be guided by Him. In a future of chaos and thus uncertainty, knowing that God is the anchorpoint is of great solace. It is the font from which all possibilities pour out of, and it is thus the single greatest source of all. He is the Certainty.

There can be no wrong to live a life that God approves. And that is what this entire sabbatical is supposed to achieve.

To some, I will sound arrogant. While people are trying to apply for jobs frantically into the so-called ICT industry, I just made an exit with seemingly no other jobs lined up ahead of me---the action reeks of hubris. Perhaps it really is hubris, but it is what God has laid upon my heart, and thus, it has to be obeyed.

There are also more earthly-reasons for it, but they involve laying out some rather serious allegations (with associated evidence) that this blog is not the right forum for it. Let's just say that I am not the first to have left the company, and am not likely to be the last [within the window of a year] if certain things do not change, and leave it as that.

I think that's all I would like to write today. Till the next update!

No comments: