Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Meandering Updates

Ha! I wouldn't skip out on a proper entry for the day despite having already ``fulfilled'' the goal with an out-of-band ``stupid o'clock'' entry, even if I had almost nothing to write about.

Sadly, that's the case for today. I have almost nothing to write about.

It isn't because there isn't anything to grumble about. The ``old faithful'' of complaints is the consistent rise of COVID-19 cases with a fairly large (in proportion) number of unlinked cases in SIN city, but what's the fun in that? It's not novel; it's the same reason I cited before on not reporting on page counts and other tracking information for whatever I am currently reading.

I could talk a bit of the latest happenings in the Olympics, but I follow up on it even less than I am keeping up with the SIN city COVID-19 numbers, so talking about that is even more phoney.

I can complain about the weather, but at this point even I am sick of reporting that the weather is too damn bloody hot with inner ambient temperature heading northwards of 30°C (it was somewhere between 29°C at night to about 31°C in the day).

In short, the day has been pretty uneventful as far as my life is concerned. That's not to say that I did not observe anything hilarious/eventful---it's just that writing about that feels like someone trying to explain the latest joke in the most recent episode of a variety show. I sure as heck don't want to read that, so I don't think I'm going to subject someone else to that through writing about it just to pad up the day's words.

After all, this isn't NaNoWriMo. And even then, it is a strictly-in-November kind of deal for me.

I could write about my thoughts on Romans 13, but considering that I'm not baptised, nor am I seasoned in the study of the Word of God, it feels pretentious. Sort of like how I ended up not writing anything on my thoughts on martial arts in general, despite picking up quite a few interesting perspectives along the way that I would like to share.

However, I don't feel pretentious at all writing about dizi stuff on my personal blog, since I have played the instrument for a very long time at a decent enough level. Still needs some diagrams drawn though, and I am still lazy. Maybe I should really just finish that part---the writing is more or less in its final form anyway, with all the things that I want to say having said.

Perhaps I should write a bit about what I am expecting for next week. My second dose of the Comirnaty vaccine is coming up. Considering that I did feel a little off after the first dose some time back, I'm totally expecting getting slugged deep in the head with this upcoming one. I just hope that it doesn't affect me bad enough to miss out on celebrating the full release of Jupiter Hell. The trailer made by HyperStrange for ChaosForge can be seen here:



I've talked with KK about it, and he's basically reassured me that just because it was the full release didn't mean that the dev-team wouldn't honour all that was promised in the Kickstarter campaign. It was important to get a working game out of the door first before filling in the enhancement blanks.

Speaking of Kickstarter campaigns, I'm excited for Mini Rogue---it should be shipping soon. Awesome!

Alright, that's about it. I'm gonna watch another Hololive collaboration video while grinding a little bit of Grim Dawn. Till the next update.

No comments: