Saturday, July 31, 2021

Special Containment Procedures for SCP-2000 to SCP-2499: Done!

It's a late entry, relatively speaking. And a short one too, as will be noticed.

I have been marathoning Tome 5 of the SCP Foundation (2017-02-01) dump, and have finally completed it just now. It's a guilty pleasure-type reading for me, and so far, that means some 2500+ crowd-sourced creepypasta-esque ``special containment procedures'' of the SCP Foundation, often written in a technical style that reads almost like a safety data sheet of sorts.

I still have 7 more tomes to go from that 2017 dump. Note that as at the time of writing, we are now well into the 6000 series of SCP indexed numbers---my old MOBI dump goes up to 2999 ``only'' before heading into the more story-like sections as opposed to special containment procedure articles.

I love reading SCPs, but at some point, they start to blur. The 2017 dump is probably the most that I want to go for in this universe---that's about 36k+ pages of fiction. Considering that this is 2021 and the dump was made in 2017 (though not necessarily downloaded then), I average about one tome a year, give or take, so it will be at least 7 more years before I even complete this entire dump.

I'm satisfied.

I'll be reverting to a less aggressive reading schedule for Tome 6, going back to reading other things as a primary, like Before I Let Go by Marieke Nijkamp, though I may end up reading Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine (20th Edition) a little more aggressively after Before to ensure that I actually get more progress from the 440/3790 that I currently am on. Text in Harrison's is much denser than the SCP tome---double columned, and about 25% of the font size used in the SCP tome. This one, I don't want to finish in 7 years---I will feel a bit too stupid, though to be fair, it is the textbook on Internal Medicine as used by the very same people who study to be doctors, so a multi-year affair is totally reasonable.

Besides, it's edited by Anthony ``Chief US COVID-19 Slayer'' Fauci. It's truly damn worth a read.

Alright, gotta send this out before the day rolls over to August. Time really flies.

Till the next update.

No comments: