Sunday, May 29, 2022

A Short Blurb

I'm always a little confused on what Sunday symbolises: is it the start of the week, or is it the end?

Traditionally, it is considered the start. But I found it mentally a little easier to consider it as part of the end of the week instead, mostly because the start of the week is considered when I need to start working on work things.

These days (for quite a while, actually) work starts on Monday for me, so it feels logically more correct to consider the week as begining on Monday.

Perhaps.

The reason I'm bringing up this rather subjective experience here is from how with each passing week since the relaxation of the COVID-19 control measures in SIN city, there's that unacknowledged urge to return to a sense of familiarity through the types of rituals and conditions that once dominated our lives before everything went side ways for more than 2 years. Whether it is due to fatigue from being on the alert for too long, or the fear of a future with greater uncertainty, it is the general sense that one gets just from existing around.

I can tell because as the one who more often than not lives as an interloper, the tolerance of my presence in general has started to wear thin.

Anyway... the weekend has passed on by quickly. I dug up more teracotta in Minecraft, replaced the signboards with item frames for my mini-productivity factory, added a glow berry farm to my industrial platform, and spent time just AFK-ing at my mob farm to get more gunpowder.

I also finished getting the latest goodies from the recent update for Vampire Survivors, which I still maintain as well worth the SGD 3.25 price tag. I mean, according to Steam, I have sunk in 55 hours into it so far, which works out to about SGD 0.06/hr. That's roughly the order of magnitude of play-time for a more regular AA/AAA game, though to be fair those are more for a one-time play through while this is an accumulation of multiple 30-minute bouts.

The heat and humidity is starting to get to me, and I'm feeling a need to crash out for the night. So that's about it for now, and till the next update then.

No comments: