Saturday, September 09, 2023

3rd Day ART Positive---So It's 7 Days Now

So I retook the ART once more at the stupid o'clock of Thursday. It was still positive, though the T-line was so faint that even under lower light (with HDR enabled) conditions, and colour inversion, it took some serious effort to see it.

I then had to make the call: to accept that it was a positive result and therefore keep myself confined to quarters for the full 7 days (ending with my return to office on Tuesday), or not. The pamphlet that explained the use of the ART was very clear that any line, no matter how faint, that showed up at the T-sector, when the line at the C-sector is also present, must be considered a positive result. On technical grounds, there was nothing to make the call on, but on personal grounds, I did feel like I wanted to pretend that it was negative just so that I could carry on with my life and do the things that were lined up/scheduled for it.

In the end, following the technical outcome prevailed, and I am now still on a 7-day home isolation. This meant working from home for both Friday and the upcoming Monday, where I have a new staff coming on board.

Today, it is Saturday. I'm still at home, and going a little stir crazy. I had to head on out to run quick errands of food and supplies (masked up, mostly), but other than that, I had been quite obedient at staying at home, in my room even. Both parents are doing better from their bouts of COVID-19, though there was a drug allergy scare yesterday that had since been rectified.

Here's to hoping that no other stupid thing happens in the meanwhile.

No comments: