Friday, September 01, 2023

Con Plague

Con plague. Got hit by it.

It was... inevitable.

You see, I was on course for three days. It was held in the Lifelong Learning Institute, in a small air-conditioned room that was pretty cold amidst 17 other strangers. It was therefore natural that con plague would strike.

I won't talk much about the course, other than point out that it was:
  • Mandatory for us new managers;
  • Surprisingly practical and not brainwashing; and
  • Taught by a seasoned-executive-turned-coach, which meant that every anecdote was a much deeper view on how senior/upper management operates.
In sum, it was very fruitful, and once I am done recovering from con plague, I will process these more deeply later on.

Con plague does affect me in a few negative ways. I'm having doubts if I can go for rehearsal on Saturday, and more importantly, if I can play on Sunday as part of worship service. The fever is broken by now, the sore throat is under some control, but the cough is still going on, with thick phlegm being hacked out ever so often.

I'm giving myself till tomorrow morning to make the final call---everyone who's affected has been given a heads up already.

``But MT, if you were on course for three days, and you are barely recovering from con plague, how the heck did you fever break?''

See, the timing is a bit off because the course was from Tuesday to Thursday, while today (being Friday), is a day off.

And it's a day off only because it is the Presidential Election in SIN city.

I don't really want to talk about it---it's farcical at best, disingenuous at worst, not to mention that I've said all I wanted to in my previous post, and my views have not changed much since then.

Then, apart from con plague, what was I intending to write here on?

Honestly, no clue. I could write about the updated Halls of Torment, and how it nerfed quite a lot of what made it fun, making it a much tougher game. I could also talk about Trepang2, and how I tried the demo but it crashed halfway.

But that's about all. It's a short entry. Till the next one.

Oh, and happy September.

No comments: