Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Semi-Auto-Typing

Alright, I'm going to engage in semi-auto-typing mode, where I don't really control and limit what my fingers are doing with the keyboard. If the written output is incoherent, I do not claim responsibility for it. Here goes:
So this week was something that I find to be really interesting. I have managed to start on things that I never thought that I would do, like actually going for a party that was held by a fraternity. Then there are so many other things that I have done, like freaking people out yet again. These things somehow keep on remanifesting themselves again and again, despite the fact that I am trying to get a grip on what is going on. Except that now, I don't really give a damn anymore. I am not going to let myself be dominated by society's outlandish views on how I am supposed to behave; as long as I do not break any law nor do I harm anyone, I don't see a reason why I need to conform.

I am a nonconformist. That is probably something that I should have acknowledged and embraced so long ago. I never follow the path that people take most often, preferring to travel on roads less travelled upon, carving my own road through life, facing all the hardness that most people don't even bother to go through. Granted, each encounter will leave me more battle-worn, but that doesn't stop me from trying my hardest to beat myself to the ground through all these challenges that I throw myself into. What I once thought of myself doesn't matter anymore; it is what I see myself as now that matters the most. I might have been a person who was afraid of standing up for what I feel, allowing myself to be bossed over by the many people who have the power over me, but now I resolve to make myself the way that I deem fit. I realise that the world doesn't give a damn whether you are a good person or not; it is often of your own interest with regards whether you should do something or not. If being obnoxious means that I can be truer to myself and not let others lord over me for no reason, then so be it. If people cannot tolerate my arrogant ways of accomplishing my tasks, then so be it.

I stand by my own accomplishments and look with disdain at the legions of younglings before my feet who think that they know much better. I have been through all the trials that they haven't, so I do not see a reason why I need to appeal to their immature ways. If they appeal to logic and reason, then I will listen, otherwise they are but mere pests who buzz around trying to irritate the behemoth enough so as to allow it to collapse under its own weight. I am not that clueless juggernaut. I may be behind by 2 years because of my National Service obligations, but that does not put me in the same league as the young folks that I go to school with, for I have seen two more years of the sun-rise and sunset with which they have not seen. That two years of age is enough justification for me to truly know that I should be more confident of my abilities than to be less of my insecurities.

Arrogance is my nature, and it will always be so, no matter how attenuated it has become. The arrogant will often be the one who will walk away from the fray alive and in one piece, only if he knows the extent with which he should use his arrogance. He who conforms all the time, has no spine, and is not worth the effort of sustenance thus given.

I may not be the smartest person alive, but I know that I am among the privileged few who can seriously boast of having several skills housed in one person. I embody the spirit of the warrior, the one who fights always to win, never to back down from a fight, never to surrender, always willing to take up the weapon and do battle like no one has ever done before. I never fear; I am beyond fear, for I know that there are many ways of success other than the one that everyone else is on. I know that I am special in my way, that I can do many things that others can do with great difficulty, that others are deeply jealous of.

I can do without the world, but can the world do without me?
And so ends this auto-typing experiment.

No comments: