Friday, October 12, 2007

Proof Sketch of Me Being Too Weird

While studying for my logic test which will be coming in a few hours, I came up with a hypothesis why till date I am still not attracting females: I'm too weird.

Here is the situation. Suppose I am interested in some girl, and make the usual advances sans complete and absolute get-in-my-pants-now kind of flirtation. Then it is usually fairly obvious to the girl that I am interested in her. So far so good.

Now suppose that I decide to tell the girl that I like her and would like to date her. Let this action be known as a "confession". Then her reply will start with "sorry I'm not interested" followed by "why me".

While the "I'm not interested" response is trivial to justify, the response of "why me" is something that is worth a deeper analysis. If I am someone who comes across as being desirable enough for her to be interested, she would never have needed to actually ask that second question, since I would be fulfilling some kind of her own expectations/fantasies. If that is true, we are of course done.

Suppose to the contrary then that it is not true that I am desirable enough to evoke a positive feel in the her. Then the simply put question of "why me" can be understood as a rhetoric device, notsomuch as trying to determine why I was interested in her (we will examine this possibility later), but more to the effect of "oh my god, why do you like me [you freak of nature]". In this context then, it is not presumptuous to deduce that the reason why the question ever came up was due to the fact that I was too weird, and that she would never have seen me liking her.

Now, for the case of me being under the scrutiny in the determination of why I like her, a reasonable argument in my favour will be that she is insecure of her own qualities and need some kind of reassurance to boost her self-confidence. However, this can be proven to be false simply by invoking the fact that I was rejected just a sentence or two ago. If she were really to be insecure of her own qualities, then the expected feeling garnered from someone who confesses should be a favourable one, and not the rejection that was thus experienced. Since the rejection was effected, then it can be clear that I was too weird for her taste, and thus being unable to satisfy her inner insecurities with the strengths of my own.

So what is the bottomline, you might ask? Simple. I am too fscking weird for females in particular, and other people in general. I run on a higher frequency of thought, a higher energy level, and operate almost completely on a different plane of reality. I straddle the border between clinical/criminal insanity, and idiot savant. I may have some social skills, but they are better honed for a more professional relationship than a personal one.

Put simply, I'm too weird for them to take it. Need I say more about this?

2 comments:

roticv said...

Fallacy in proof of Mun Thye being too weird

Your analysis of the question 'why me?' is flawed. Yes if she is interested in you, she wouldn't have asked that question. However, just by asking that question, it just simply implies that she thinks that she is the wrong type of girl for you - not necessary that you are too weird. It is wrong to base it on this question and jump to conclusion that you are too weird.

The_Laptop said...

I stand corrected.