Sunday, August 22, 2010

長門 有希

And so I took the plunge.

I sunk in some cash to get a 長門 有希 figurine. I was deciding between Figma and Fraulein Revoltech, and the Revoltech seemed to have won the day.

No, I did not buy it from Japan; there's a nice dude selling them on eBay Singapore. I even managed to get two of her---one brand new in unopened box and one that was opened once that I can use for display.

But of course the question remains: why now? I suppose I just wanted to surround myself with things that make me happy. I have been a big fan of 長門 有希 when I first saw her in the anime 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱, or The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Something about her stoic character, high intelligence and impossibly reliable ability to alter reality making me a really big fan of her. She is probably one of the deepest characters in the series, and her powerful sense of reasoning is one thing that I always look forward to when I was watching the anime.

Heh, I don't really have to repeat myself, for I have said something on this a long time ago. Alright, enough for now.

[Ed: And here she is, all geared up with her guitar to rock it out!]

No comments: