Monday, May 23, 2011

Waiting

What can be the most annoying thing that one has to put up with in real life?

The answer is surprisingly simple---it is the waiting. Waiting can be thought of as an unintended break; a break because while waiting, there is little else that one can do, and unintended because most of the time, it is the circumstances that dictate we end up waiting.

It does not help that in this time and age that we live in, the concept of ``instant communication'' is the norm. No longer does one find it normal to wait for nearly two days for a reply to something that was asked---anything that does not get a reply in five hours becomes a cause of concern. Much to my chagrin, I have found myself falling into this category as well.

My patience seems to run really low these days, among other things. It's almost as though I can no longer tolerate the little lapses that people make, and that includes myself. Maybe that's where all the communication break down begins...

Alright, enough ranting. I'm already sick of how short it is.

No comments: