Monday, May 30, 2011

Aaaand the Caffeine is Gone

And I now have yet another reason to avoid imbibing too much caffeine and alcohol. I swear that my demeanour changes pretty drastically when either concoctions are taken beyond a certain level, and more often than not, it is one where I become more morose and maudlin. Well, it is not to say that my usual manner is very jovial (it isn't that jovial), but at least it is something that is passable as being vaguely humanish.

Anyway, caffeine quantity. Well, it was an experiment of sorts---I ordered the ``kopi gao upsized'' option from the Ya Kun shop downstairs of my office at around 0800hrs, and finished it by 0830hrs. A big mistake, it seems, since it made me much loopier than usual; I believe a more appropriate word is ``drugged''. But it had some good outcome of course---I managed to get past writing some really ugly looking Python code involving inspection, iterative tools and functional tools, all in the name of science (you monster). It was done to avoid having to write my own parser and grammar for my research---it looks a little ugly for a piece of Python code, but it is probably as clean as it gets given what it is intended to do.

So now, it's late at night, I'm still somewhat awake. Time to deal with some of the administrative mumbo-jumbo prior to entry into graduate school.

Till the next loopy time. =P

No comments: