Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Leaving Facebook Alone For a Month

Well, it's official. I'm trying a new experiment of social isolation once more, since it is obvious that I need to start figuring out how to live ``on my own'' as people start to drift further away and I start to find less and less support available.

I've deactivated my facebook account. And this time, I fully intend to keep it deactivated for at least a month.

I think that I am starting to lose any sense of focus and control given all these new-fangled ``social media'' nonsense, and it is really starting to get on my nerves. I mean, I am partly obsessive and compulsive, but such obsession and compulsion are clearly being misplaced on this always-update-and-attention-seeking aspect that is the social media. This has got to stop.

Not to mention that I'm also starting to find said social media a mass emotional masturbation scenario, where status updates are met with sympathisers but are missing a whole dimension of critical thought and help. I think I should learn to live in the real world a little bit more.

Of course, if anyone needs to contact me, there is always the email. Or through comments on any of my blogs---they are moderated, and if one explicitly states to not publish said comment, I will respect that wish, unless Blogger, under the horrendous change of interface and other machinations, screws it up.

Alright, enough of blurbing. Back to work.

No comments: