Sunday, January 02, 2022

...?

...

What, you're expecting a post for today? Fine, I'll oblige, but bear in mind that since my sabbatical is over and I'm officially starting work tomorrow, it will be increasingly/extremely unlikely that I will write as much or as often as I did last year.

I watched me some RoboCop today, the 1987 version. Damn it's graphic, and damn the story is dark. The practical effects really held up well, except for the stop motion work for the ED-209 scenes---I think that cannot be helped as it is one of those cognitive dissonances that come about when trying to map the much lower frame rate of stop motion techniques against the ``real'' frame rate from filming the rest of the action. I have no reason why I wanted to watch RoboCop... just had that inkling to.

I spent quite a bit of the day preparing my backpack for tomorrow's first day at work. It was an interesting set up to say the least. I think that I might have a little bit of excitement to start on a new job/journey.

Yay to improvements over blunt affect, perhaps?

Anyway... after hermitting at home for the past year, I finally did my first ART kit at home, ``just in case''. It was a boring-as-hell wait of 30 minutes to get a confirmed negative result: like most self-test kits, there was the control line and test result line. The instruction said to observe at the 15-minute mark, and added a remark that if there was no test result line, to wait till the 30-minute mark to see if it shows up, after which the kit is no longer giving meaningful results.

So if one is positive, the wait time is likely to be shorter than if the test is negative. Ah well...

I think that's about it for now. I don't have anything else that I care to talk about any more for the day, other than a comment that there was just so much rain as predicted by the meteorological station. In fact, rain's predicted for the next couple of weeks.

Here we go I suppose.

Till the next update. Not sure when. Eventually I will have to slow down/cease writing here; when much of the day is dominated by work, it is inevitable that work-related thoughts will dominate. And it usually is not a good idea to talk about work stuff in personal blogs like this, even though there is a big fat disclaimer at the bottom. It's not even about the non-disclosure agreements, just a general sense of professionalism.

Those keeping score will probably also realise that this month is my birth month, but be forewarned that it's likely to be boring quiet---my favourite sushi place is gone, I'm single, there's no rehearsals at the TGCO in the near future, and the omicron-variant of COVID-19 is kicking into high gear. I just don't know what is going to happen then.

Ciao for now.

No comments: