Sunday, January 06, 2008

Java Programming Once More

Alright, here's a project that I'm trying to complete over the course of 5 days. I will hack up a math library in Java that uses Java's BigDecimal class and compute all those "standard" math functions. In a way, it will be like MPFR, except that it will be an exercise in Java.

Why Java? Why not good old C/C++? Well, honestly, I'm rather rusty at this rather infernal language, so it is time to brush up my skills once again. Also, I'm taking a rather interesting course this semester, Numerical Methods. If this class were in C/C++, I'd be more than delighted, but from the looks of things, it is highly likely that it will need Java instead.

So, time to brush up my Java skills once more. And to think that the very first time that I touched Java was a good 10 years ago...

1 comment:

roticv said...

I was thinking about coding AKS primality code with GMP, but never had the time for it. My first test with GMP worked well. Wanted to send it to you to see, but gmail didn't allow exe files in zip, so I didn't bother.