Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Almost Done From Hiding

*yawn* Alright, I'm done for the day.

So I grew older by one day officially. No big deal, I guess. I tried to stay away from huge crowds for the last 2 days, and it kinda worked out well. The card and cake got through, but I didn't want to be in such awkward situations.

Call it a tradition I guess.

And no, by now, folks should have realised that I don't really like huge parties—it's just not my style, particularly parties that are being held in my honour. That just doesn't work out. Not being anti-social here, but that huge crowd of people doing something for me just makes me feel rather uncomfortable, considering the fact that I'm more used to doing stuff with/for people than having stuff done for me.

Now that most of the world has passed on into the next day, I think that things are going to get back to normal. Time to get on with life and figure out how to factor in a huge New York-styled cheese-cake as a part of my meals.

Now, if the SSA is going to hold some silly cake-cutting thing on Friday, I'd be bloody uncomfortable and will just bolt off. I mean, seriously, I think I'm probably never going to get used to this, and so yeah, leave me out of this. Ugh.

And no. There wasn't any huge parties, there wasn't a single cake-cutting session, and there weren't anything of that form whatsoever because I didn't want it. A birthday is like any other day, no big deal... hence there's nothing of this sort.

I know, I'm a boring person, but too bad. M3h.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know, you talk so much about being alone and wanting human contact i really can't understand why you try to avoid human contact on your birthday. if it were any other day would you have gone to such lengths to avoid people who are trying to show a little bit of affection toward you? i would be interested to hear your answer.

The_Laptop said...

Hello anon, the answer is simple.

I never liked huge crowds, and I never did like having to deal with too many people suddenly doing things for me, possibly at the same time.

I like a more moderate approach—coming together as a swarm only because it is my birthday is not the social situation that I would want to be in. There is human contact, and there is human contact; the one I seek is one that is of a more consistent form, where people meet with you and chat with you and help you during the normal course of day, and not because of some special event like this.

Let me come up with an analogy. Suppose I yearn for ramen. I don't really have the chance to eat ramen during the normal days, then suddenly when it is my birthday, I just have so many bowls of ramen presented to me.

Now, tell me, am I supposed to run away from all that bowls of ramen or sit there and eat till I'm sick and silly, and then get terrified of ramen?

I'm still a functioning individual; I know that I am flawed in at least one way, and I also know that moderation is something that I'd strive to achieve.

Having to put up with a huge crowd of people, even if they were already friends of mine to start with, just puts me in a rather uncomfortable spot.

I'm learning how to handle this. But for now, all I can do is to run and hide for a bit.

Hope that this answers your bewilderment, anon.