Tuesday, November 25, 2008

c|3n1z3|\| 0f t3h c|_u5+3rz

It is somewhat official---I am semi-officially known to be a denizen of ``The Cluster'', and am one of the ``cluster-folk''. This ``cluster'' that I'm referring to, of course, refers to WeH 5207, better known as the ``Wean Linux Cluster''. It is interesting, since I have tried valiantly to avoid ending up in the cluster for the first two years of my time over here in CMU, knowing full well that the moment that I went there often enough, I would blend in most naturally given my geeky but weird ways.

Well, I guess two years of prolonging what was inevitable is long enough, and I find myself retreating to the Cluster whenever I have free time.

The other denizens of the Cluster are pretty interesting people, who look rather mundane on first glance. We have huginn (wait, huginn's a chick?), Elly (and Elly is a dude??), talchas, rntz (rntz rntz rntz) and jwise, who are almost permanent fixtures of the place. Each of them are fun in their own way, and are all excellent hackers. It is fun just to be able to hang out there, and the amount of random noteworthy geeky/hacky knowledge thus obtained is almost immeasurable.

Also, code seems to magically work itself out in the room. Someone told me that it was the spirit of the old hackers that was helping, and I am inclined to believe that to be the case. After all, most of CMU's fabled School of Computer Science was built upon the efforts of faculty and star hackers, and I'm pretty sure much of that cosmic energy goodness is still haunting the buildings and powering the people in it.

That said, csawyer said that my cursive style was pretty, which I found to be amusing. I never knew that I had a nice handwriting style to boot.

Alright, back to cramming for a final that is held in-class tomorrow.

No comments: