Sunday, March 15, 2009

I'm a Terrifying Person

Let's face it. I'm a terrifying person, existing in the hinterlands between the sane and the insane. I keep few friends, because few can tolerate (let alone understand!) how and why I react the way I do. I have ideals of sorts, and want to try all kinds of things, simply because I find that life is short enough and to live it fully would be to try all that one can try (at least, for the things that don't kill/hurt/maim us) to feel and understand what lies behind the actions and things that make people tick. I have little regard to the material world, preferring to populate my thoughts with ideas and wonderings of why things are the way they are; my interest in the material world is limited only by what is required to keep me relatively alive and happy, which incidentally does not include having copious amounts of money.

I have little patience with those who want to force their ideas down people's throats, with little regard to whether their ideas are applicable/truthful or not. I believe that people have the right to think for themselves, and should they prove to be incapable of doing so due to lack of understanding, then they should be educated. If they cannot think for themselves because they are just incapable of doing so, then someone responsible should help them with the thinking. But I dislike people who are adamant of forcing ideas down others' throats.

Alright, enough about the big, bad world. Back to reality for now.

No comments: