Wednesday, March 24, 2021

``Kitty''

No visit to Night City today---it is mostly a reading sort of day.

I finally finished OpenStax College: Organisational Behaviour, and have started on Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers. Tools of Titans weighs in at 872 pages, but the going seems to be quite fast---I think I will actually leverage on my large reading screen at home to make some progress on Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine (20th Edition) and leave Tools of Titans to be handled on Eirian-IV.

I think I will head out tomorrow for a change of scenery to do some reading on Eirian-IV instead of sitting at home.

------

I am not a follower of The Masked Singer (Wikipedia link in case the project site dies years from now), but Season 3 had caught my eye. It was a (or should it be ``the''?) season that was also broadcast in Singapore as it was unfolding. What caught my eye was ``Kitty''. She had bounce in the trailers, her costume looked so lush and fabulous, and I was intrigued.

Mind you, I never followed the show at all.

It was near the start of this year that I went back to find out more about who ``Kitty'' was. I found a couple of video compilations of all her singing at the show, and oh my, how pleasantly surprised I was at it all! Her voice is amazing! The costume was, of course, captivating, but her pantomiming skills were also on par to bring the mask/costume to live as well.



And yes, I learnt that she was Jackie Evancho. This line in her post-reveal video is the most touching to me.



I agree with her, it's not stupid... I think sometimes we just need to have the chance to shed away the baggages/identities of the past so that whoever/whatever it is within us can be looked at independently of any prior contexts/biases.

That is perhaps what I am seeking out of my sabbatical.

Till the next update.

No comments: