Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Patch 1.2 Came Out

Patch 1.2 for Cyberpunk 2077 has finally been released, and I had gone ahead to play with it. Honestly, I was getting a little tired in trying to tweak the graphics settings to ensure minimal suckage, but with patch 1.2 in place, I said heck it and just set the graphics settings to ``Ultra'', turned off the more irritating post-processing effects, and turned on all the ray-tracing effects that were implemented in game.

Eileen-II still ran things at a respectable 60 fps on average with DLSS on, which is alright.

I mean, Cyberpunk 2077 is no optimised beast like Doom Eternal, but it is adequate.

The sensitivity adjustment for the driving for the keyboard was unnecessary once I started to just use the first person perspective to drive instead of using the third-person 45 ° camera angle. I think the initial discomfort and confusion that I had with driving in Cyberpunk 2077 is how utterly unused the mouse is, as compared to say Halo or maybe even Duke Nukem Forever (don't quote me on that last bit---it has been years since I played that game, and cannot exactly remember how the driving was done). That and the general feathering of the accelerator made driving in Cyberpunk 2077 that much easier to handle.

That's about all I wanted to write about. Going to turn in earlier. Till the next update.

No comments: