Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Why Am I Waking Up At 4am?

Damn, something must be wrong with me. I crash out at 8pm everyday, and then end up waking up at 4am the next day. This doesn't even make any sense; why should I be waking up at such at unearthly hour when everyone is asleep and sleep when everyone is still awake? Bleagh... must be something wrong with my internal clock or something. The good thing is that I get at least 8 hours of sleep this way, and it is sort of useful, in a sense.

With regards to the scores, I originally wanted to encode them using lilypond, thus forcing me to read each and every score, but then I realised that it was quite useless/dumb—it seems that I'm better off getting familiar with the fingerings for the upper ledger lines and then applying them directly to sight-reading than trying to just "blow it up" larger for reading. I've compiled a much simpler list of fingerings which allows a direct 3-octave correspondence between all the notes, which makes it a tad easier to figure it out, since the layout is now more conformant to the usual 笛子 layout that I usually use. By staring hard enough at that table, I hope to be able to better associate the note/sound/fingering together in a more coherent way than before.

Alright, writing stuff at 4am in near darkness + bright LCD light seems to make me sleepy all over again. I guess I should retire to bed, after taking the multivitamins and vitamin C supplements.

Ciao for now, I guess.

1 comment:

the obsessive launderer said...

hey there munthye teehee i haven't seen you forever! hope you're still ok and urm achieving great things and on your way to ultimate geek-dom :)