Wednesday, February 10, 2021

One-key Flute Goodness

The end of 庚子 is upon us, and we are about to usher in 辛丑 in less than two days.

I feel older yet again. But that's not new.

I think what is new is that I am starting to seriously enjoy the freedom that I have from not having to be at anyone's beck and call. True, I am getting no income due to not having a paying job, but I am starting to feel fulfilled, an actual level of contentment within.

And to be disrupted from this... made me angry.

Anyway, apart from some things that I cannot write about here, I spent some time doing up a less crazy version of the fingering chart for my A415 one-key Stanesby Junior baroque flute.

It's only less crazy because the chart records what the fingers are doing as opposed to what the holes are doing. This is a subtle point that can drive one nuts.

The more astute may notice that the fingering pattern looks more piccolo than one-key flute, and they would be right since it is based on the piccolo woodwind diagram in Lilypond. Using the piccolo pattern means I can avoid having to write my own drawing pattern, but it is only a matter of time before I have to do that... assuming I want to create charts for the various dadi that I have.

Anyway, that's all I have for today. Till the next update.

No comments: