Monday, February 01, 2021

It Is Now February

With hardly a blink of an eye, we are now in February.

This year's February is going to be a strange month. For one, the Chinese New Year festivities are severely muted thanks to the ongoing pandemic. For two, the usual Single Awareness Day (or Valentine's Day for the masses) are occurring immediately after the first two days of Chinese New Year (gazetted public holidays in Singapore), again, whilst in the middle of the pandemic.

That was merely an observation; I do not actually have any feelings about these two events in either way. For reasons of safety in the pandemic, my immediate family isn't entertaining any notion of visitation (to and fro) and has conveyed the information to the relatives in question. My parents are in the at-risk category for the SARS-CoV-2, and despite them being our relatives, they are not really a group of people whom we hang out often enough to pool the risks together to begin with. Combine that with my niblings being the children they are (children seem to be silent carriers of SARS-CoV-2), it is a high-risk/low-return type of game, which is not worth it.

Hence the decision to be a tad anti-social this year.

------

I am not going to lie---I am really drawn in by the new theme that I am using for my blogs, mostly because of the ``pop'' that it gives to them. I am getting somewhat tempted to do something similar for my own personal domain, but it is unlikely to be the case since I would then have to start encasing blocks of text into their own div blocks and setting up various CSS styles... it's basically a lot of effort to set up the current content-centric HTML to be something that is more amenable to such stylings.

It goes against the overall raison d'être of that website.

On one final note, I have finally written Print Me (Part II). I hope to complete this short story serialisation---it has been floating around in my head for quite a few months, and I did not have the wherewithal to commit to paper, until now that is.

That's all I have for today. Till the next update.

No comments: