Thursday, June 17, 2021

Morning Posts Being a New Norm?

It would seem that a recent trend of mine is to have my writing ``quota'' of the day done in the morning. It's not something that I was actively trying to do; it just turned out that way.

Perhaps it is related to how I have a morning shower, and the whole ``shower thoughts'' concept kicking in. To be fair though, my showers tend to be very fast, think navy shower style---quick wetting with fixed ``high'' shower head, soaping up, then rinse off. So the time available for those ``shower thoughts'' is much lower than what most people would regularly think of.

However, sometimes even with a short period of time like that, it is possible to have some interesting thoughts that I would like to think further afterwards, which may lead to either a conversation of sorts with mum or end up as some kind of entry here.

That said, this entry isn't reflective of that particular process though.

Anyway, I recently read the translated version of Siddhartha: An Indian Tale by Hermann Hesse while simultaneously watching Pavolia Reine's Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors playthrough in the background. Siddhartha was alright, and I could relate to the protagonist's mental struggles about his spirituality, but I'm not sure if it is something that others may find easy to relate to. Being originally put on a path of safety before deciding that it was more important to head out to learn for oneself only to find that the original orthodox path was unfulfilling and that the originally ``bad'' paths had more to offer, before realising that both paths are limiting in their own ways the way any form of distilled knowledge being incomplete and then heading out into the world only with one's self is just a life-path that is strangely familiar to me.

Too strangely familiar to the point that it actively scares me a little.

A-hem.

The weather yesterday was surprisingly less hot, with the internal temperature not really extending 32 °C. No fear though, the next couple of weeks are projected to still be warm and humid. I am rather excited nonetheless though, because some of the stuff that I have ordered [online] should be arriving from July onwards; always a treat.

I am contemplating getting a meshed camping chair with arm rests to act as a kind of collapsible reading chair so that it is more comfortable for me to read dead-tree books. But I'll need to do a bit more research on that.

Alright, I don't have anything else to add for now. Till the next update.

No comments: