Wednesday, June 09, 2021

Goodbye Kiryu Coco

Everything that has a beginning, must have an end. For things that we do not know of the end, it either has no beginning (unlikely), or more likely, has a beginning that we do not comprehend given our assumption of how the world operates as sequences.

Anyway, before people get confused and worried, no, it's not about me killing myself---remember that that isn't going to happen.

It's about the recent news of a Hololive Productions talent ``graduating''. I'm always tickled about the word ``graduating'' as used by the Japanese idol industry to talk about when a talent leaves/quits. I'm too lazy to find the actual source word in Japanese to do an in-depth analysis, but I am seriously diverging onto another tangent.

I will keep kayfabe. Honestly, I initially found Kiryu Coco to be a little too foul-mouthed for my liking. But I got over that rather quickly when I found her content and presentation to be rather interesting in spite of the... choice words. Reminds me a little of the stylings of Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, except more wholesome.

Naturally people are upset, because a much-loved talent is leaving. I am a little upset myself mostly because I mentioned that I don't do endings well. She'll be missed, and as far as I know about Hololive lore, she is the reason why Hololive English even exists in the first place, being the first bridge between Japan to the English-speaking world.

o7

------

In other news, I've been spending time working on some text-based mental math drilling software written in Python3. I've done the problem generator, and a quality points calculation formula that handles both speed and accuracy. Maybe I cann have something working soon, and can then play it.

Eventually I would like to port it to run in the browser as a client-side tool as an exercise to use window.localStorage. I'll release more details when I am at the point where I am ready to port it---the Python3 version can be considered as a prototype.

It's still a hot-ass day, but I think I want to head out to cycle. The last time I did that was too long ago. And so I shall stop this short entry here.

Till the next update.

No comments: