Tuesday, June 08, 2021

A Sortie to Restock

I had to head out today to restock on my meds, and I took the opportunity to settle my burrito/sushi/sashmi/cheesecake cravings.

To say that the ``Phase 2 (Heightened Alert)'' is bad for a lot of food places is like saying that a decapitation is just a flesh wound. It's a bloody massacre out there. As I walked by, I saw many small stalls closed, with some of them looking more than just being closed for the month as all their stainless steel kitchen equipment are absent, and some with who have put up an explicit sign that stated that they were permanently closed.

A damn shame.

It's a little bit of beating the dead horse here, but after being listed as an intangible cultural heritage of humanity by UNESCO, there is a very real risk of our hawker culture dying out thanks to both the pandemic and the strong control measures applied.

Not sure what I want to say to that. So I won't.

Till the next update.

No comments: