Thursday, October 07, 2021

Matinee

A week of passivity, it seems to be.

More reading from The Best of BYTE: Two Decades on the Leading Edge, and more volumes of KonoSuba (『この素晴らしい世界に祝福を!』) read, even as I have various cached Hololive videos running in the background.

I am also thinking about writing a locally-run RSS aggregator service as a way of ensuring that I am not beholden to my cell-phone when it comes to following up on news. I find that ever since I've gone on the hermit life, I haven't really been looking at my cellphone much, and as a result, have not really looked at the associated RSS reader output. This is a little problematic not because I then become less aware of world news (look, there really isn't anything good in world news these days anyway), but that it is affecting my ability to respond to the new direction of the group study that is happening in my care group.

Since I'm staring at Eileen-II most of the time anyway, having my own RSS reader is probably the best option.

There are probably many nice RSS aggregators out there, but ever since the killing of the default RSS reader on the smartphone, I have started to get rather wary of relying on services out of my control for anything that I care enough about. I am using some kind of third-party RSS reader on my phone that is thankfully not completely screwed up, but being tethered to my phone is one of those things I don't like. Part of the reason is that transferring information out of that infernal device is usually non-trivial, as compared to the many options I have on a PC.

Anyway, that's about all I really want to talk about. Skin's been acting up a little, and the ``drying up'' of the random splotches of rash on my torso can sometimes be itching a little too much to ignore completely. Maybe it is due to the return of the hot weather---I don't know. What I do know is that the town council has again decided to have landscapers lob fertiliser into the cross-patterned grass patches that grew in between the laid out concrete that made up the parking lots again.

🤦‍♂️

Till the next update.

No comments: