Saturday, October 02, 2021

Momentum

I'll keep it short as it has been a short day of few (but time-consuming) things that happened.

I read some more commentaries within the ESV Study Bible, after which I spent some time making safe my paths to the nether-rail and the nether-rail itself. I went to church, and now I'm home, thinking about a stochastic mechanism to get sub-vertical refresh rate precision given the 70 Hz hard limit, while watching Gawr Gura's Minecraft stream in the background.

I've also updated my stream cacher to use yt-dlp instead of youtube-dl because it has fixed a critical bug involving bad timestamps for video streams that last longer than 2 hours. I have also tweaked the incantation used for caching these streams to use the 480p quality (true resolution of 854 px×480 px) instead of 1080p because I seem to run it in my vertical side-screen (horizontal width: 1080 px) more often these days while I am working on either writing, coding, or gaming on the main [horizontal] screen. It seems like I am in the active phase again, compared to that time period where I was doing more reading instead.

I used to not do that stream caching bit because of the bug in youtube-dl, but have returned to it recently because the web browser-based Youtube viewer simply consumes too much resources to render the video. Caching it through downloading and then running it through VLC Media Player is more resource efficient, not to mention a finer grained control over the speed-up (that's how I can watch several multi-hour streams within a day). Doing that in the web browser-based Youtube viewer makes it consume even more resources, and also puts it at the mercy of the server download rate.

Anyway, that's all I have for now. Till the next update.

No comments: