Wednesday, October 13, 2021

My Head Still Hurts, But in a Different Way

That headache from yesterday? It went away this morning, came back a little this evening, and has manifested itself as general fatigue now. I really wonder if getting those blackout curtains can make a big enough difference.

It really isn't the heat alone that is the cause of all these symptoms---I think it is also related to the change between the various weather states that is causing all these discomfort.

I'm going to turn in immediately after I am done with today's entry.

I've finished reading the KonoSuba light novel series, Best of BYTE magazine compendium, and even book 4 of the Mahabharata. KonoSuba was fun, it began with a lot of potential, made its way through the situation, and ended on a plausible-enough note. At seventeen volumes though, it did feel as though the author had written himself into a corner with the main character of Kazuma. The world was built well enough to provide interesting encounters, and the main characters had some kind of character development, so it wasn't as bad as I made it sound. As this is my first light novel series, I'm really uncertain if this was the norm, but it was gripping enough that I wanted to keep on reading to know more.

Best of BYTE was a great nostalgic trip in time. The revisit of the technological trends and associated reasoning from the early days of microcomputer/personal computer with a little more detail (compared to my first reading of this compendium nearly twenty years ago) was quite eye-opening. Already I am seeing the cyclical nature of technology with greater clarity; my recent little rant was based on an article that was present within the book. The number of transistors that can be shoved into one square millimetre of silicon substrate may have increased by several orders of magnitude today, but the human-factor aspect of things have barely budged---there is much to learn from the triumphs and mistakes of the past that infocomm technology practitioners seem to be adverse to.

I'm going to be starting on God's Prophetic Blueprint by Dr Bob Shelton, and Mathematics for Engineers (2nd Edition) by Raymond W. Dull after this; the former is an explanation on Revelation, while the latter is a nice 800+-page refresher on some old school [continuous] mathematics that I used to use a lot of [in school] that I haven't touched in a while.

Alright, that's about it. I'm going to turn in for the night and see if I can sleep away this fatigue-feeling. Till the next update.

No comments: