Sunday, October 24, 2021

My Cracked Finger-tip Skin Hurts

Today's a day that was spent in reading. I finished The Abyss by Orson Scott Card. The Abyss is the novel version of movie of the same name written by the author of the Ender series. It's worth a read---the characters are well fleshed out, and the scenes were as well fleshed out as they were in the movie itself.

Apart from the reading, I didn't do much though. Hmm... I mean, failed runs of Jupiter Hell notwithstanding. I was trying to get a Gold Badge challenge of completing Angel of Shotgunnery on Hard difficulty for quite a while, but I just didn't quite get the right tempo. So I've been switching over to Angel of Carnage on Ultra-Violence instead. I made slightly deeper progress on the latter than on the former.

I suppose part of the reason why I didn't seem to have done anything active on the PC or otherwise was the cracks in the finger tip skin for both of my middle fingers. I don't know how nor why they decided to occur---but I do know that they they hurt like hell when using them in typing, since I my fingers actually press the keys straight down via the finger tips, as opposed to being flat. And I can tell you, those cracks in the skin... they are nasty. Mere contact with the key surface is enough to increase the level of irritation through pain, then when the typing goes on, it just breaks any tempo that is available. And need I mention that they keys that they are used on (``edcik,'') are some of the most used keys that one can have? And when they start bleeding... my keyboard starts becoming really unsightly and horrible to use.

Needless to say, I can't play any woodwind instruments either since they need the finger tips to work well.

Anyway, that's all I can write for now. Till the next update.

No comments: