Saturday, October 30, 2021

Meeting My Daily Writing Requirements

I filed a support request regarding the fan vibration. The sound was getting bad---it had scraping elements in it, and was triggering at random moments as well. Terrifying. It'll be a while before they will get back to me though, considering that it is a weekend after all.

I hope that they can replace fan assembly so that new bearings and other good stuff are in place.

An Ethic for Christians and Other Aliens in a Strange Land by William Stringfellow is starting to get more interesting. It covers largely Revelation from the Bible, and uses it as a way of talking about Christian ethics while still living in this fallen world [of Babylon]. This is in contrast with the more predictive nature of God's Prophetic Blueprint by Dr Bob Shelton. I don't think that either is ``a more correct interpretation'' than the other, mostly because Revelation itself has strong eschatological components to it that is less ``targetted'' like the epistles that make up most of the New Testament, but also because each uses slightly different approaches that come to conclusions that are broadly in agreement (as they should be since they are sourcing from the same Bible). But I will defer discussion till after I've finished An Ethic for Christians and Other Aliens in a Strange Land.

Tomorrow will be the last day before NaNoWriMo kicks in. I think I'll watch me some Jump King gameplay by Calliope Mori while going ham with Serious Sam 3: BFE and watching the temperature settings---I've had to lie Eileen-II flat on the desk without the support struts because I didn't want to risk more excessive vibrations. I had taken apart the back cover again this morning and added more vaseline as lube---it seemed to work well as an interim measure, as long as it doesn't dry up. I think the vibration problem came back since the last application because I was running the fans at full speed for most of yesterday, figuring out that I could probably try to get more cooling going just so that I can squeeze out more turbo boosted frequencies for longer.

Ah well. Stupid lousy hot and humid weather that is SIN city. Can't do much about that.

Till tomorrow's update then.

No comments: