Friday, November 19, 2021

A New Phase?

It feels so funny to have completed NaNoWriMo. For eighteen days, I seemed to be operating on a completely different domain, with daily struggles ensuring that I get my minimum requisite of 2 sub-stories of at least 1k words each.

And now that it is over, it feels like I'm off to a new phase.

It's right though, I am in a new phase. I would say that I am in the terminal phase of my sabbatical, where I start to wrap up the unpacked mind and experiences, and rebundle them up to recreate a psyche that is a little more ready to take on the challenges that the world can throw at me. I can already sense a change in mood in me---I feel less compelled to play video games, though I want to point out that Minecraft 1.18 is slated to be released on Nov 30. I'm not sure if I want to start a new world, or continue with 1.17.1, or bring my 1.17.1 world into 1.18. I have built quite a bit of infrastructure in my 1.17.1 world, so leaving it behind feels a little more painful than leaving behind my 1.16 world where I really didn't build much at all.

Maybe I'll just bring my 1.17.1 world into 1.18. It is a relaxed exploration survival world after all---no sense re-building infrastructure again when I have done everything already.

Apart from that, I did quite a bit of reading today in preparation for some bible study sessions.

And that's about it. Till the next update.

No comments: