Thursday, November 18, 2021

Pushing Towards the Finishing Line...

Man, I am exhausted.

I basically marathoned 9.9k+ words for my NaNoWriMo entry, and am now at 47/50 ways to die done.

If someone asked me now, whether it is better to write one 50k-word story or fifty 1k-word story, I can safely say, it is better to write one 50k-word story. The key difficulty here is that when writing all these individual stories, there is a cognitive overhead needed to begin anew a setting, characters, and associated activities. That is hard and tiring. I find that while in past years I can easy crank out my 2k+ words per day in one hour, I simply cannot do so this time round.

Too much cognitive overload.

Anyway, I will probably talk more about this year's NaNoWriMo entry after I'm done with the story. I have hit the 50k+ word requirement already, but I still need to end this novel. And that will be for tomorrow... I simply cannot grok what I am thinking any more.

------

In other news, the entry for yesterday was late because I spent too much time playing on the saxophones. It was sort of a work out that I was tossing at them, with the new palm key risers that I talked about earlier. I spent more time on the alto saxophone this time, doing more noodling that involved the left pinky. So that low instrument B♭ key? I've never really figured out why I would use that.

Well, if instrument B♭ is the third degree, we get instrument G♭-major. Which, when we translate to regular concert pitches, is A-major. Now, if instrument B♭ is the first degree, we get instrument B♭-major (d'uh), which is D♭-major. That D♭-major makes playing certain pop music just that much easier to go for.

I won't talk about instrument B as third degree, since that's really just regular concert B♭-major.

Figuring all these out including the associated finger work was too interesting to stop, and after I had to put them away at around ten o'clock, I started to do more reading here and there.

And by the time I realised it, it was late already.

So there's that.

Anyway, that's all I want to say for now. Till the next update.

No comments: