Wednesday, November 24, 2021

The Quarantine Zone

It's a quiet day.

I completed my nether railway to about 3k blocks away from the main portal to create a path to an overworld location about 24k blocks away that I'm calling ``The Quarantine Zone''. The overworld portal currently is just lightly protected against basic mobs---the next thing to do is to start blast-proofing it so that when I am ready to summon the Wither, there will be a safe house from which I can spawn from.

Building the railway was quite resource intensive, but was relaxing in its own way. My basic railway in the Nether consists of a smooth stone base, followed by glass blocks two-high on each side, followed by a stone slab capping it off. The rails run at 21 rails to 1 powered rail to 2 detector rails. It's not the most efficient distribution ratio, but it is simple enough for me---it is, after all, still a single player survival world (with cheats to take away some of the stupider things as needed). But I've been collecting/generating these resources for the longest time anyway, so it hasn't really been a problem.

I've also been working through Death du Jour by Kathy Reichs.

That's about it for today. I'm thinking of getting me some éŗ»č¾£ for my one meal tomorrow.

Till the next update then.

No comments: