Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Projects for Minecraft and Other Diversions

You know, I was thinking that I had done almost all that I could in Minecraft.

Then I realised that I had not fought the Wither. The set up for this fight is quite onerous---the component materials that are used to summon it are rare, and after getting those components, there is also a need to prepare the arena a la Terraria (another game that I love but could not find the energy to complete) before a truly epic boss fight that is many times worse than that of the Ender Dragon for the sole reason that the Wither destroys terrain like a madman.

The outcome of all that is the Nether Star, a component for end-game super tool known as Beacons. It is also a great way enable much massive builds in survival mode too.

Maybe I'll target towards that and building a fishing hut as my next projects in Minecraft.

In other news, I've sent Aurelia to WW for the COA. Davie had the two trill key pads replaced, but his case suffered a zipper damage when I was too excited and forgot to move the zipper all the way past the corners before lifting the box open.

🤦‍♂️

I also got me some palm key risers for my alto and tenor saxophones, though none of them are made of any of the materials that I have linked to in the URL---those were just samples of what I was talking about for the confused.

``Wait MT, you play saxophones?''

``Always have.''

No, seriously. I've always played saxophones. My first saxophone was a soprano saxophone, and I slowly branched from that to the alto, and now to the tenor; and I upgraded them from junk-tier to decent tier. It's like my tertiary/quarternary instrument of proficiency too.

I don't play it as much because I don't have that much direct use of it in Chinese Orchestra settings as compared to say the 笛子 or the concert flute. But I like jamming out on it ever so often---it has that kind of panache that the concert flute cannot match, and is a little more street-friendly compared to the repertoire that I'm used to for 笛子.

The palm key risers are useful because of the way I hold the alto/tenor saxophones: I keep them on my right side. This means that the palm keys that are operated by the left hand (that kick in when we play high notes) will require me to have a much deeper dorsal flexion. That is uncomfortable. The palm key risers give an additional 5 mm of material so that I don't have to dorsal flex that much to get at them---a much more ergonomical feel.

Nothing to do with size of hands, just comfort.

And I think that's about it. I've completed 37/50 ways to die, leaving 13 more. The end to this year's instalment of NaNoWriMo is close, and I would really be happy for it to be over, not because of desperation, but because all things that have a beginning, ought to have an end.

Till the next update.

No comments: