Monday, November 08, 2021

Today Was A Good Day

Today was a good day.

I began the day late by waking up late due to having slept late the night before (see a pattern yet?). I got my 2k+ words done for NaNoWriMo, and lurked about till it was time to head out to NEX.

I had several things that I needed to do there. First was to treat myself to a nice steak from Collin's again. I've not had a nice steak in quite a while, and it felt like it was time; not that I disliked the food that I have been eating at home and around home, but that I just wanted something a little more luxurious. I had wanted to get their ``35 Days' Whisky Dry Aged Black Angus Ribeye Steak'', but they were out (how can one be out of something like that?), and ended with their ``Australian Margaret River Wagyu Ribeye Steak'' instead.

Man. That was some good steak. The meat was deliciously fatty, with the fat giving that fragrant flavour over the meat and myosin. A real treat for my taste buds. Is it worth the 78 bucks? I'll say yes, and only because it's a once-in-a-long-time type of consumption that I was going for. If I were to be having a ``regular'' steak each fortnight or month, I might go for something around half the price or lower, but as is, it was great. They had suggested their ``21 Days' Dry Aged Black Angus Tomahawk'' steak as an alternative to the Wagyu, but I uh... didn't buy it. Not wholly because of what some Reddit user say, but that I just want the meat damnit, not the whole bone.

After the late lunch/early dinner, I went to ye olde Uniqlo to get some new clothes. My currently oldest batch of boxer briefs have run their course, and it was time to shop for replacements. I had bought two from Uniqlo before to test, and I liked them well enough to buy a similar make. I also took the opportunity to increase the number of colours of my polo T-shirt wardrobe by 50%---I bought a couple of black polo T-shirts to augment my two red, and two white, the latter which are the oldest of the lot; I might want to replace those two... but not right now. At nearly 30 bucks a piece, they are a little pricey, but considering that they need to/have to last some five years or so, that's about 6 bucks a year---a relative steal.

The one thing that I liked about the NEX Uniqlo outlet was their contactless self-check out. The idea was, dump all the stuff you picked off in the provided area, and the machine will read all the RFID tags at once and add them to the check out list, after which it is a simple case of paying with the card and then heading out into the sunset. It was so smooth and fuss-free that I was quite amused at the line of people who were crowding in front of the sole cashier. I did mumble under my breath about whether there was anyone at the self-check out, and noticing that there was no one there, just skipped the entire line and headed there myself.

Other than that, I spent the rest of the afternoon just walking about in NEX. It has been a while since I left the apartment of my own volition to go somewhere (anywhere, really) just to sightsee.

As I said, it was a good day. And now, I shall hide in the safety of my room in the apartment and wait till tomorrow comes.

Till the next update.

No comments: