Saturday, December 18, 2021

Drivel

Ah... what a hectic day it was!

As a rule of thumb, I don't like scheduling more than three activities in a day. There is nothing magical about the number three---it's just a good rule of thumb that I figured out over time. Assuming a general non-sleeping 16-hour day, the three-activity rule reduces activities to a duration of about 5 hours or so. Now note that these 5 hours includes any travel time, and so realistically in SIN city, without the assistance of ``Uber''/``Grab'' and/or taxis, we're looking at roughly 3--4 hours of unfettered activity time.

Now, doesn't that sound like a good amount of time?

More realistically though, we don't use 16 hours that freely---the most that we can mess with a single day for activities is closer to 12 hours, and it works out to about 4 hours, and with careful transit planning, can easily see about 2--3 hours per activity. That still sounds quite reasonable by every regard.

So anyway, today was hectic because I had two activities scheduled back-to-back of sorts in the vening. The first is the usual Saturday church service, and the second is another session of the baptismal classes. They were not long by any regard, but they do consume [travel] time. And by the end of it all, I'm just exhausted.

Thankfully the baptismal classes aren't super extended, so it's still alright.

------

Anyway, that's quite a bit of drivel, isn't it? It's the end of the year, and it is easy to become more retrospective. But I kind of want to reserve that for the annual statistics write-up instead---the end of year is near, but the end of the year is not done. Plenty of time for weird things to happen really, and while I am not wishing for weird things to happen, I also am not completely naive to assume that they won't happen.

So let's just leave it as that for now.

I could watch some more VODs of my favourite Holomem's videos while reading Why Are You So Sad? Selected Poems of David W. McFadden edited by Stuart Ross, but I think I'll just turn in for the night.

Till the next update.

No comments: