Monday, December 06, 2021

Why?

Why?

Why, in this time and age, are people still deciding to wilfully ignore medical advice from practising medical doctors, especially when it pertains to the current pandemic?

Why do these people, some of them claiming to be Christians no less, disobey the lawful and medical science-backed directives from their governments to take the vaccine and mask up?

Why do these people, having wilfully ignored medical advice from practising medical doctors and disobeying the directives from their governments, then proceed to believe whatever their neighbours or friends who know no more than they do say, and practise weird stuff that at best does nothing and at worst actually harms/kills them?

Why do these people, after all that and finally get stricken with the deadly virus, then check themselves into the hospitals that are populated and run by the practising medical doctors, and having those same doctors that they had wilfully ignored medical advice from treat them?

All these... hypocrisy really rankles me greatly. It makes me ashamed for them. If they were living in some backwater region where the only medical science they knew was what their shaman and the associated folklore cures were present, I have reason to understand. But these very people who claim conspiracies and display such hypocritical behaviours live in places where they had benefitted greatly from all the medical advances that were present.

The claim that somehow there is a big conspiracy from medical doctors/big pharma to ``kill'' them off with bogus vaccines does not hold water at all. There are much cheaper and effective ways to kill off people---just check with your nearest military organisation for details; after all, killing off human enemies with the greatest efficiency is literally in the job description for the military organisation as part of its operations, be it for ``defense'' or ``war''.

Yes, I am fed up with having to put up with all kinds of directives, no matter how stupid they sound. But these directives are issued in the name of public health/safety. There are unethical laws that we should protest against, but masking up and taking a vaccine for a pandemic that is still running full tilt does not qualify under the banner of ``unethical''. Even in a society that prioritises individual liberties, the right to individual liberties end where they start to impinge upon another person's individual liberties---that is what the government tries to maintain as a whole.

For certain localised conflicts, I can understand the push-back against any law/rule that restricts personal liberties. But this isn't some localised conflict here---it is a literal global pandemic. And the discrimination here isn't based on some inherent unalterable attribute of the person like how ethnicity or sex, but on behaviours in public.

Aargh.

I really shouldn't try to analyse stupid behaviours---there is literally no reason behind them. Or rather, there are rationalisations for them, but it requires a twisted logic that makes my brain hurt. I know I say I generally do not want to judge (that's God's domain), but sometimes it cannot be helped.

I am just really thankful that I have not had to deal with these types of people personally. And I really hope that I don't have to deal with them personally.

Because if I have to, I'm afraid I might get violent. Because to me, someone as inept in thinking/understanding as that is symptomatic of a lack of presence of the higher cognitive abilities, in which case a better model for their behaviour is that of an unthinking animal, in which case brutalistic violence is the language that they can understand the best.

I don't feel like writing more on this. Till the next update.

No comments: