Thursday, December 16, 2021

Scratching That Aburi Nigiri Itch...

Mmmm. It really is much easier to realise what one has missed once it is gone out of one's life.

And I'm referring to awesome aburi nigiri sushi that I have been missing since my favourite sushi place has wound up.

Today, I scratched that itch again by heading to the Sushi Tei out at Serangoon Gardens Circus at the odd hour of three in the afternoon. It was fairly quiet; I was one of three customers that were present in the restaurant. I had some aburi nigiri sushi, and had me some ootoro.

Mmmm. That was nice.

It was not the same as my favourite sushi place, but it did scratch the itch.

In other news, I have decided on the birthday gift to myself for 2022---a pair of customised musician ear plugs. It's not exactly cheap, but compared to the price of a new instrument, it's about a tenth the price, but with an effect that is probably worth 10× more---a more comfortable and complete protection of my hearing while I play my 笛子. It is something that I have been thinking of getting for a while, but have been delaying for one reason or another. I am currently using some Vic Firth musician's ear plugs; they work well, but I'm just looking for... something more.

It's like Azumi all over again---she works well, but I ended up looking for something more, and thus ended up with Aurelia.

I said that it works well because with all the restrictions that have been in place, test playing of new instruments is not allowed. Apart from that, I also don't have the budget for any new instruments anyway, since my income for this sabbatical year is zero.

Anyway, that customised musician ear plugs require impressions of my ear canals, and so it will be a trip to the audiologist to get it done. Because of that, I am getting myself this gift right now, before the start of work makes it harder to run about meeting appointments.

That's about all I want to write about. Till the next update.

No comments: