Thursday, December 30, 2021

~48 Hours After mRNA-1273 Booster...

Okay, we're more than 48 hours since the booster jab, and frankly, I'm fine. I'm probably going to take one more dose of paracetamol, but then switch back to a more normal set up of... nothing.

This means that by the time I am done, I would have consumed 16× 500 mg of paracetamol for pain/fever relief. This also means that I am not doing any drinking to celebrate the upcoming new year.

That's not really that big of a problem, I suppose.

By my estimates, I think I will be completely fine by tomorrow.

That will be all for now. I'm going to continue putting together more fingering charts specific for the piccolo---I realised that the charts that I had set up for the regular concert flute are not that applicable for the piccolo due to the different acoustics. For one, the concert flute has a longer pipe with vent holes (C-foot/B-foot), which allows higher harmonics to be energised more easily. This means that the higher notes (instrument third register) require slightly different venting set ups on the piccolo (which cuts off at the end for register #1 D) to enable the higher notes to come out more correctly.

I can't make use of the chart for the one-keyed flute for the same reason why I cannot use the piccolo's fingering charts for the the dizi---the addition of two more ``trill key holes'' beyond the C♯ hole means that the piccolo can force new anti-nodes that are of a shorter wavelength than what the dizi and the one-keyed flute can.

Anyway, that last bit is a big tangent over what I wanted to report---the post 48-hour mark of the booster shot.

My point still stands: take the damn booster shot if one is eligible and able to. The cost-benefit analysis should weight outrageously towards being more beneficial than otherwise.

No comments: