Friday, July 27, 2007

Maria!

Check out the OST for 200 lb Beauty. Do a search on youtube for the same material. Savour the wonderful rendition of the song Maria. The first time I actually saw the trailer, I wasn't really interested in it, until the clear vocals of "Maria! Ave Maria!" came on. Then I was hooked and wanted to see who was the singer. Then I found that it was 김아중 (Kim Ah Joong). She looks really cute and sexy in the film, but the most important thing is her clear vocals in the song.

I love songs with clear female vocals; they seem to just draw me to them like no other type of song. This is also a reason why I like Cherry Boom, Teresa Teng, 万芳, 张清芳, 齐豫 (try listening to 《欲水》 and you'll understand what I mean) and Emmy Rossum (Christine Daaé in the 2004 film version of The Phantom of the Opera). There's always something so mystical and pretty about their voices in the song that they sing. I'm a real sucker for such quality and style of tone.

*yawnz* I guess that's all for now. Suddenly realised that I can't really write an entire entry like this at one sitting; probably means I need to start grabbing coffee (since I haven't drunk a single cup yet).

No comments: