Thursday, July 26, 2007

Re-gearing for New Semester

Another day of work, and another step closer to returning to classes. Hmmm... as usual, the day is fairly routine, and most of the stuff that can happen are usually in my head, so there's nothing much to talk about there.

I'm starting to be able to identify myself strongly with the two characters Piro and Largo of MegaTokyo. I take emotional damage like Piro, but exhibit the geekiness and acceptance of physical damage like Largo. It is kinda odd to actually start viewing one's life like a comic strip, but I guess since art is an imitation of life, sometimes the lines cannot be drawn that clearly between what is real and what isn't, right?

I'm so tired now... almost wishing that I can just lie down and sleep for a long while just to recuperate my energies. I have no idea why this is so; I mean, I didn't do anything drastic enough that used so much energy that leaves me completely tired out like that. Maybe it is just the cumulative effects of the week, but I'm not too sure on that either.

Ding Ding is kind of sick now... I wonder if I had accidentally passed him some of the cold that I was having over the course of the week; if I really did, I'd love to apologise. He, Bilin and Chinghua were there to give me some manner of distraction to let me 散散心, which I think was the biggest contributor to me being less cranky than what I should have been. That and of course my old friend Xiaolu; it seems like it is much easier to seek out pillars of strength when one is in more familiar grounds.

Anyway, I think I might need some more therapeutic "meet-the-people" sessions, probably to remind myself that there are still people who care, and also be a good opportunity to meet up with old friends whom I've not met for quite a while. Heheheh... while I once commented that Nicole looks like an alcoholic with all her facebook pictures showing her holding some manner of beer/wine/alcholic drink, it appears that I'm slowly falling into that category myself. Well, I don't quite mean that I'm an addict to alcohol, but I now actively add alcohol as an alternative beverage wherever I go.

Meanwhile, I will also need to actually start practising my ML programming, my Basic Logic, my FL Studio skills, lilypond and flute/saxophone/clarinet. I think that my fingers are starting to show signs of revolt, considering the fact that they are really well used throughout the day, in the forms of writing programming code, then playing the flute (speed), playing the saxophone (strength), and then playing the clarinet (odd positioning). It wouldn't be surprising if I were to be hit with Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) if I'm not careful. I try to protect myself by doing lots of stretching, and taking breaks between each task. I strongly recommend those who actually need to operate such equipment to do the same too—RSI is not fun as it can and will definitely affect all those who need to rely on their fingers for their livelihood.

I should be relatively free in August, so folks who wish to meet up with me (either as a date, or as a general let's-catch-up-on-what-happened-in-our-lives-recently event), just contact me through the usual channels. In case of failure, try sending in comments (with your contacts of course)—the comments on this blog are all moderated and thus I get to see them way before the world does, so don't worry about getting spammed and stuff.

Okay, I think that's all I have to say for now.

No comments: