Monday, July 16, 2007

Fire the Grid

If you do not believe in metaphysics, and think that anything that is not provable by science does not exist, then do not read this post.

Remember Live Earth? I didn't watch it for several reasons; the first of which is that I'm not interested in a 24-hour long concert for the sake of saving the Earth. The irony is really strong here, in order to save the Earth, we end up using lots of electricity to rig up the entire worldwide broadcast, the various loud speaker systems add on to the noise pollution, and the people who went end up leaving litter behind after the partying is done.

Sure, it has attracted a lot of celebrities and political leaders. But what have they done? What can they do?

Well, here's something a little different. Fire the Grid is a global movement to fire the Grid, a collection of metaphysical energy lines that run all through the Earth, at the precise time of 17 July 2007, 1111hrs (UTC), with good "healing" energies that are present in each and every one of us. You might think of this as hokey, but I will first concede that as a hard scientist, there are things that even science is unable to fully explain. Regardless of race, religion and creed, we all live on this planet, and if people can gather together to participate in a huge and loud concert display for 24 hours, surely they can help in the firing of the Grid by channelling energy to the Earth for 1 hour at the specified time of 17 July 2007, 1111hrs (UTC).

While the website has a slant towards Judeo-Christianism, this is by no means a purely Judeo-Christian endeavour. Much of the West is dominated by this ideology, and it is thus the most natural form of which the people of the West will allude to when discussing things metaphysical. The whole concept of energy transferral and channelling can be found to be a concept that is prevalent in most cultures. So, if you can spare an hour of your life, you might want to help by following any of the four ways of firing the Grid.

And in case people start thinking that the_laptop has lost his mental faculties and have started to believe in quackery, I only have this to say: he who thinks he will know all is in fact one who knows nothing at all. I am a hard scientist; I believe in facts and proofs for things before I consider them to be axiomatically true. However, I am also a computer scientist, and I know that abstraction is one thing that can defy even the most well-thought of belief system that we can have. I do not profess to be all knowing, neither do I dare claim to be enlightened. I do not say that such energy-related matters do not exist; nor do I claim that they can be explained by science. I do not think that people who believe strongly in things that science cannot explain are fools or dangerous people; I think that those who believe blindly in harmful things that science cannot explain and yet try to promulgate them to the messes are the dangerous people. Most importantly, I am also a human being, a member of a great order that makes us human. If something as inane as channelling Reiki through meditation to the planet can help it a little, I do not see it of any harm to try.

If at any moment I seem to be all knowing, I apologise; that is not the intention. I am just hoping that people will see past the petty differences and look on deeper into something that might just contain that iota of truth that can change our lives. And I thank my Reiki master Doug for highlighting this event of Fire the Grid to me to participate in.

Let the power of Light prevail in our ailing Earth, and peace to all.

No comments: