Thursday, July 05, 2007

Slackware 12.0 is Out!

Oh yes, finally! The amazing Slackware 12.0 is finally out! I've managed to download the DVD ISO over two days and have successfully installed it on Edythe. Everything runs really smoothly, and I will probably test drive this baby over a slightly longer period of time.

Here's a screen shot of my current favourite X Window Manager, fluxbox:Isn't it sweet?

fluxbox has a good mix of useability, lots of control and a wonderfully spartan interface, just the things that I need for my window manager. For my Slackware system, I used to start with the KDE, but then I found the interface too clunky for my taste. I still installed KDE into Edythe though, mainly to access the useful KOffice tools (even though I usually use LaTeX to get the job done). All these wonderful tasks can be set up through the very simple to customise menu file for fluxbox.

Slackware rocks my socks, for now. (=

No comments: