Friday, May 14, 2021

Final IE11-Related Fixes

Okay, I mentioned about switching over to DOMParser to handle the conversion of the HTML file into a DOM tree that can be handled in IE11.

Well, that's done.

As always, after I fixed something, I discovered another problem. This time, it's about how the ch unit is garbled by IE11.

*sigh* IE11 is really getting on my nerves.

Anyway, I just set it up using the ideal case (in this case, in Waterfox) and compared the width of 1 ch against 1 em in their pixels as the multiplication factor---this turns out to be 11.0167:17, or 1 ch to 0.64804 em. So I just went ahead and updated all the major references that used the ``ch'' unit to ``em''.

And with that, I think I am done with fixing my website to not appear crappy for IE11.

The next step is to see if there is anything I can do to allow the experimental browser on Eirian-IV to work well.

Okay, that's it for now. Till the next update.

No comments: