Sunday, May 16, 2021

More Restrictions Incoming

A slow day. I watched a few more multi-hour VODs from the HoloEN VTubers while making my slow way through Handbook of Data Structures and Applications, completing page 1045/1321, and completing Animorphs Series: The Secret. I'm well in part 7/7 for Handbook, with about 13 chapters (or equivalently, 13 survey papers) to go.

It is slow moving, but it will be done. It's not that I hate the book, but there's only that much technical information that one can take before it gets really out of hand. It seems that I average out at around 40--50 pages for Handbook, or about a couple of papers.

The problem that I raised yesterday about my blogs didn't re-surface, and I am glad of it.

I didn't attend church service yesterday due to the headache, and went for the online stream today instead. Thanks to the additional restrictions that I talked about on Friday, in-person church services will be suspended until the end of the new ${phase-name} is over. I had mentioned before that the hymn book was not easy to get ahold of, but thankfully during the time between then and now, there was an opportunity to receive one of the church's copy of the Hymns of Praise, thus solving my issues regarding not having the right music for worship purposes. I have not been playing my flutes for a while, and perhaps this is a good time to work on some of these hymns. Praise the Lord!

Speaking of the Lord, I have long since completed Bible in One Year 2020 With Nicky Gumbel, and have started on a new series of readings entitled Reading The Bible In Historical Sequence (Part 1). The entire series has 12 parts to it, and spans about a year. The idea is to use chronology as the key guiding principle in disentangling the verses that make up the Bible. It's a different way of reading, and I am using the ESV as the main reading form.

In yet more general (but SIN-centric) news, even more restrictions have been announced, this time mandating home-based learning (HBL) for school-going children.

I mean, I'm on sabbatical, so this particular piece of news doesn't affect me directly or as much as the previous one. I just feel disappointed that after one year, we are getting very close to step one once more, as though we had learnt nothing from our previous ``big spike trend'' situation. As for whom I am disappointed with, I'll just leave it as an unanswered rhetorical question.

And that ends the day for today. I'm going to do some final bits of reading before turning in for the night. Sorry for nothing revelationary, philosophical, or deep---that kind of thing doesn't come all the time. I just feel the... compulsion to write some kind of blog entry every day just to mark time. There's really no specific intention to entertain or inform, so anyone reading this (and the other blogs) should temper their expectations accordingly.

Till the next update then.

No comments: