Thursday, April 22, 2021

Popping Out Section Headers

Well, I spent most of the day thus far trying to get through Angel of Carnage on Hard mode in Jupiter Hell while simultaneously watching the Daria Restoration version of Daria. The Restoration version basically takes the latest DVD collection's remastered visuals, and combines it with the original sound of the VHS versions that came about from individual's recording before the remastered version came out.

The DVD collection came out only many years later, and had its sound re-done with genericised music tracks since it was prohibitively expensive for licensing---the original TV run of Daria was on MTV during an era where they could get lots of good/relevant pop music to go with it.

I've watched the VHS version many times, the updated DVD collection even more times, and now, I'm getting the best of both worlds.

While poking around and learning that Wendy Hoopes, voice actress for ``Jane Lane'' is born in Malaysia back in 1972, I also learnt about the gradient box in CSS for the header. I liked the set up, and tried it out on my web domain to make the intra-page sections stand out.
I think it does stand out well. The only other adjustment I did was to add a thing text shadow around the white text to ensure that if the header information get long enough to run into the white part of gradient, it will still stand out.

I think that's all I want to write for now. Till the next update.

Edit: It seems that there is a new spin-off/reboot of Daria called Jodie that was ordered in June 2020 with no release date yet. Should be interesting!

No comments: