Friday, April 02, 2021

Big Rain Means Flash Floods

And I thought I was done with updates for the day! How wrong I was!

This will be a short one. There was a magnificent heavy rain that was causing low levels of flash flooding along the bus route that I was taking home. The bus driver was a little bit of a maniac, and just rushed his way through the 10 cm deep puddles, causing massive sprays all over the sidewalk.

On the one hand, it is definitely thrilling to see an uninterrupted 10 s worth of such gorgeous ``white water'' sprays. On the other hand, I feel a bit bad for anyone who was caught in it---getting hit laterally by rain is something that no amount of umbrella skills can take into account. Thankfully, I did not seem to notice anyone who had been whacked by the rain. That's a good thing.

The final walking route home through the corridors outside of the shops was... fascinating. The drainage patterns were sufficiently wonky that the entire road and sidewalk towards the exit of the parking exit/entrance gantries was absolutely flooded to the point that when a vehicle drove pass, it caused the waters to roll in to the sidewalk as though it were a shoreline. It was hilarious and a little annoying, since I do not have my boots on (which meant I couldn't just ignore everything).

All in all, it was still fun. Thank God for the little crazy pieces of beauty like that---it is important to just remember things that are beautiful ever so often just to keep things into context.

I also managed to get to page 285/872 of Tools of Titans. As noted before, it is an easy-to-read book despite weighing in at a scary-looking 872 pages.

------

Just to round things up, when I finally brought Eileen-II back from sleep mode and juuust before I plugged her in at 1943hrs, she was at 55% capacity.

So on average, we're looking at 45% battery consumed over 10.72 hours with mixed workloads of sleep mode, airplane (urgh... aeroplane) mode, and some tethered Wifi. Not great, but definitely good enough.

I'd probably burn all the stored power if I had gone into Night City with all that.

Anyway, that's all I have for today for real. I'm going to get some nice curry chicken rice from 7--11 squirrelled away to keep toasty and then go visit Night City again. Maybe.

All that external keyboard nonsense does make it a little more annoying to get my gaming on. I may end up just watching more YouTube videos.

Who knows?

No comments: