Thursday, April 01, 2021

Sometimes To Solve A Problem Requires Transferring the Problem Away

You know what, after trying different things, I give up.

Despite all that I tried yesterday, I woke up this morning to Eileen-II being auto-restarted. Prodding the event viewer revealed that it was the same VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE error. In short, a bloody waste of time was had in trying to improve thermals.

Annoyed, I just reset all the undervolted values and TurboBoost ratios back to factory settings. At 100 °C, the CPU is still within operating temperatures, and I shouldn't worry too much about it.

After all, didn't I play Doom Eternal with factory stock settings in the first place?

The true test is to see if any flickering happens during this evening when f.lux gets running again.

Of course, the primary complaint was just the keyboard being unbearably hot, and well, the solution to that is straightforward---just use an external keyboard when I am gaming.

And so, I think that ends the stupid saga of me trying to improve the thermals of Eileen-II.

------

Just managed to reach chapter 45/477 (page 327/3790) of Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine (20th Edition). Realistically, it's slow going, because I did spend some time watching more YouTube videos from my subscription list. I also fielded a weird question about custodianship of project-related artefacts from my previous work place, even though I had nothing to do with the said project other than a teeny-tiny unrelated part of the sub-project related only barely by name.

I just want to point out that I am nearly three months out of the place, and then this question comes to me. Makes me wonder just what is going on there now.

But, it's only a rhetoric question---I don't want to know what is going on there now. There's a reason why I left, and it will do me great good to remember and keep it.

Tomorrow's Good Friday, and I will be heading to church for the service. I might just stay out then and do some reading perhaps; just not sure where I am heading.

No one has called me up for a meet-up, and frankly, I am not expecting any anymore. Such is the life of a social pariah.

That's all I have for today. And welcome to April, I suppose. Will I continue this general trend of daily blog entries here? We'll see---if I have something somewhat interesting to write, I might do so. Otherwise it is probably better if I just kept my thoughts to myself.

No comments: